Thursday, December 22, 2011

Happy to Be Nappy

Today, was a long day at work but by far I think I restrained myself in this scenario that I'm about to explain. So, I just so happen to be at work and I say hello to a customer who just so happens to be an African American female maybe mid 40s with 2 teenage daughters. HERE WE GO...

ME: Hi, how are you?
Lady: I'm fine. How is your hair twisted?

-----Before, I my mouth dropped-----

Lady's daughter: Mom, its loc'd
Lady: No its not, people do there hair different ways, so ma'am how is your hair.
LD: Ma, it's loc'd - you know dreads. NATURAL
Me: Yes, that's correct. Thanks for explaining.
Lady: Oh, so how does it stay and look like that.
Me: Look like what?
LD: Ma, for real. Are you serious? (highly upset more irritated than me)
Me: Ma'am, look like what? (turning slightly red in the face)
Lady: I don't know.
Me: It's not twisted. It's palm rolled and sponge rollers were used. Have a great day. (walked away saying a long prayer)


Okay, so I really wanted to tell her how I felt, but I tried - I promise I tried that time. Now, if I would have not been at work and out somewhere, I would have really given this lady the run down on how my hair is and NOT looks like. Not being rude, mean, or just a butt hole about this scenario, but come on now let's be smart here. People don't listen nor take time out to understand. I think the next time I have a question some what similar to that if I have they have the time and I have the patience I will try to break down the answers that they want to know. Live Love Learn Loc

No comments:

Post a Comment